Directions for installing your Mobile Hunting Map
Scout-N-Hunt Maps compatible with IOS, Android, and Windows device
We have outlined a step-by-step procedure to download and install your map data file into up to three of your devices. The Mobile Hunting Maps require the CarryMap app to be installed on your device. If you already have the CarryMap app installed on your device, double check to make sure you have the most current version. Both the iOS and Android versions are 5.5 and were released in August, 2020. In general, these instructions apply to most devices, but they may vary depending on the version of your operating system software and/or age of your device. For example, an iPhone 7 is different than an iPhone 11 pro. Also, the CarryMap app is not compatible with an Apple computer or laptop, but is compatible with an iPhone or iPad with iOS version 10.0 or higher.
First: You Need Good Internet
Good internet service is needed for the “one time” download of the map data per device. Do not use a cell signal or cell WiFi hotspot. Download will be extremely slow and subject to disruption. Disruption cancels the download. Once loaded, the map can be read without WIFI or cell service
Second: Install the CarryMap app for all devices. CarryMap app reads our Maps & works Offline
1. Good internet service
2. Make sure you have updated your device’s operating system to the most current version. The app may not function properly on outdated systems.
3. Download the CarryMap app to your device. Dependent on your device, click on the button below to access the app.
CarryMap App Map Reader
Go to your app store on your phone.
Requires: Android 7.0 or later (Google Pixels, Nexus, HTC, Samsung, OnePlus, Moto, LG, etc.)
Go to your app store on your iPhone.
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad. We do not recommend an iPhone 6 or older.
System requirements: Operation system: Microsoft Windows 8/10. Requisite software: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2+, 64 bit operating system
Third: Download Hunting Maps – common to all devices so it will work offline
1. Good Internet. Do not use a cell signal or cell WiFi hotspot.
2. Open your browser (see **noted below). Login to My Account
3. On the left side, click on Orders.
4. Your order will appear on the right side of the page.
5. At the end of the order row, click on View to open the details of your order.
6. Beneath the name of the State you will see Download: Download Now and the password needed to open the map file with the CarryMap app.
7. Write down the password then click on Download Now. We recommend writing down the map file size so you know if it fully downloaded.
**The default browser for IOS is Safari. For Android and Windows we recommend Chrome as it seems to work better than Edge, FireFox, or the others without causing issues.
Fourth: Follow Device Specific Directions Below
IOS Devices: (see ** below)
1. Dependent on your version of IOS (Apple operating system) you might be asked a second time to confirm the download.
2. How the download progress is displayed on your phone’s screen varies dependent on the IOS version on your phone. On IOS 12.0 or newer, a blue circle with a down pointing arrow inside will appear and a tiny blue line will move from left to right just under the circle as the download is in progress. Be patient as some of the map data files are large. Dependent on your internet speed and your WIFI strength, the download can take several minutes. Do not try to download a file using a cell phone service, more than likely it will drop before the download is complete.
3. Once the download progress is complete (the blue circle moves up and down and the blue line disappears), the file has been downloaded.
4. Log out of your MyAccount and locate the files icon on your phone.
5. Tap on the files icon and your iCloud downloads window should open (if you have previously downloaded files to your phone). If not, the Browse window will open and under Locations, click on iCloud Drive. The iCloud Drive window will open, displaying a download folder. Click on it.
6. Locate the map data file and press on the area just above the file name and a drop-down menu appears.
7. At the bottom of the drop-down menu, tap on Share and across the bottom you will see a line of icons. Scroll the line to the left until you either see the CarryMap app icon or at the far right end a box with three horizontal dots that reads More. If the CarryMap app appears, tap on it (skip to step 16), if not, click on More and the Apps window opens.
8. Within the Apps window, scroll up until you see Copy to CarryMap. Tap on it.
9. A dialog box opens asking if you want to save to home directory, tap Yes.
10. The CarryMap app will open and you will be prompted to input the password you wrote down in step 6. Click OK and the map will appear as a faint image. Once the map is unlocked you should not have to enter the password to open the map next time you open CarryMap.
11. Gently tap on the plus button and the screen will zoom in and you can verify the map is the State you wanted.
**The steps noted will vary dependent on your IOS version and iPhone or iPad model. For example, an iPhone 8 differs from an iPhone 10 or 11.
1. The download progress can be viewed by noting the movement of a downward arrow in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and/or by the pulsating downward arrow in the lower left corner of the screen. Next to the name of the file being downloaded is a “details” link. Taping on the link will show the progress of the download and approximate time remaining.
2. When the download is complete, the screen should open in the files window and downloads will be displayed, then skip to step 6 below. If not, find the files icon and tap on it, then tap on the Downloads within the Categories section.
3. Tap on the name of the data file. Most likely you will get a message that reads Search the Play Store? If so, tap on search and the CarryMap icon will be displayed. Tap on it and because you already have it loaded on your device, an Open button will appear. Tap on the Open button.
4. The List of Maps screen will open within CarryMap. Tap on the blue circle with the white cross in the lower left corner of the screen.
5. In the Data window, tap on Download.
6. Tap on the name of the downloaded file and it will copy to the CarryMap app.
7. The padlock symbol to the right of the file name indicates if it is locked or unlocked.
8. If unlocked, tap on the file name and the map will open.
9. If locked, tap on the file name and enter the password noted above in Step 6 common to all devices. Once the map is unlocked you should not have to enter the password to open the map next time you open CarryMap.
10. Gently tap on the plus button and the screen will zoom in and you can verify that the map is the State you wanted.
1. We recommend you use Chrome. The download progress is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen indicating the approximate time until completed. A large file, can take over 5 minutes even with a download speed of 26 Mbps.
2. Upon completion of the download, tap on your Files Explorer icon, locate the download folder, tap on downloads, then tap on the map data file.
3. The CarryMap window will open. Enter the password from Step 6 under Common Devices and the map will open.
4. Gently tap on the plus button and the screen will zoom in and you can verify that the map is the State you wanted.